Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happiness is...

While I was sick the past few days, my dear friend Kate suggested that I watch the movie Happy to cheer myself up. It did exactly that, while simultaneously leaving (the psychology nerd in me...) with lots of food for thought. I would highly recommend Happy, to anyone and everyone.
This movie gave me numerous great ideas that I want to implement in my life. The thing that really struck me was the fact that people who make a list of five things they are thankful for each week are statistically proven to be happier. My family always references the six words that we were challenged to remember at Jamie's high school graduation (in 2002 and we still remember!), but those words were, "Find the good and praise it." That is the basic idea behind this exercise. No matter where you are or what your life looks like currently, find the good and praise it. Find five things to be thankful for and tell a friend, write them down, or simply make a mental note. It will make a significant difference in your overall outlook on life.

So, I am designating Thursdays as "Thankful Thursday" to write down my five things. Don't worry, I won't bore you every week on this blog, but here is what I am thankful for today.

I am thankful for naps.

I am thankful for wonderful friends and family, both near and far.

I am thankful for technology that allows me to communicate with said friends and family.

I am thankful for health, especially as I am feeling better again.

I am thankful for days off work, to relax and read and sleep in.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment