Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

A German Thanksgiving...

Well, when I started to talk to my students about Thanksgiving, I realized none of them even knew what it was! Of my thirty-four kids, only one could tell me that Thanksgiving was an American holiday!

I gave them the spark notes version of the history of Thanksgiving, and they were excited to make cute little turkeys out of their handprints.




And I'd be lying if I said I wasn't missing my family today. Not only because everyone (including my grandmother, Muir!) is in Nashville except for me, but because Thanksgiving is one of my favorite days of the year to be a Nashvillian, mostly due to the annual Boulevard Bolt, which is a fun race the morning of Thanksgiving. The Carroll family takes the Bolt seriously, running all five miles decked out in costume every year. Here's a picture from last time, and I know my family rocked it today as elves and reindeer.


So, whether thanksgiving is a novel idea to you or one of your favorite holidays...Happy Thanksgiving all the same! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment