Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Land of English Speakers...

I have just returned from a refreshing, fun-filled long weekend in England with wonderful friends. This trip was a blessing for so many reasons.

First of all, it was the first time in four months that I set foot in an English speaking country. Just hearing people speak English all the time was like music to my ears. Reading the signs easily and being able to ask for directions without a second thought is a luxury I had almost forgotten existed.

Secondly, it had been way too long since I had seen my dear friend Eleanor. We had plenty to catch up on, delicious food to eat, wedding plans to discuss, and some fun projects to work on. Needless to say, we took full advantage of our time together!



Also, we spent time at her grandparents beautiful home in southern england. They pampered us and took us to delicious meals and tea by the cozy fireplace...their home is always such a relaxing place!



I also got to meet, Kevin, Eleanor's fiancé, which was a pleasure! We took some engagement pictures (and some friendship pictures!), so stay tuned to see more of these.


In addition to all this, we spent some time shopping in London and I had lunch with my childhood friend, Adelaide!

All in all, I could not have asked for a better Thanksgiving adventure. Even though I am sad not to be in Nashville where my entire family will be this week, I have so much to be thankful for here in Europe.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment