Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

"But I'm Leaving You for Tennessee..."

All my bags are packed!

I read this moving article just after I graduated from Wake Forest last May, and combined with the understanding that I'd probably never again live with as many friends close by or have the luxury of so much time to spend with said friends and anxiously anticipating my move to Germany, I could not have agreed more with this statement...
"We don’t have a word for the opposite of loneliness, but if we did, I could say that’s what I want in life."

And though I cannot express how glad I am that I spent this year in Germany, and I am aware of how much it added to my life in countless and indescribable ways, the most difficult part by far was dealing with the loneliness. it is just hard to feel isolated, particularly in a small town where you are far from fluent in the language. and for that reason, I am excited to be moving back to Nashville tomorrow. it has been an amazing year and there are so many aspects of my life here that I will miss dearly, but the feeling of lonliness just isnt one of them. 

For the first time in more than five years, Nashville will be home. Nashville is always home, but lately it's been the home I love to miss. And, as of tomorrow, it will be my permanent residence.
Friends, see you soon and see you often!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment