Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

Snow Dragons!

When I returned to Wald-Michelbach yesterday, it was literally covered in snow. The entire town was white. I have terrible estimation skills, but I'd say we have around six inches of snow...and the dragons literally could not have been more excited about it today.

I took this picture from my window this morning...what a view!

I'd be lying if I didn't say I was frozen to the bone and had to take three separate breaks to come inside and warm up...but we basically spent all day enjoying the snow! Snow ball fights, building snowmen, sledding, making forts, and just enjoying the beauty of it. 
Unfortunately it wasn't great packing snow, so we settled for making a little baby snowman. These girls were still really enthusiastic about it!

Since I was the only teacher playing, the snowball fight quickly turned into me getting pegged with snowballs by all the boys so I quickly put an end to that!


Here I am making a snow angel...which I immediately regretted as the snow soaked through my jeans!

This is Carlo working on their snow fort.

Me and Janna...who seemed completely unfazed by the freezing cold snow.

The kids had these awesome sleds that looked like dustpans...and you held onto the handle and slid down the hill. I want to bring some back to America because it makes it nearly impossible to fall off the sled (which was a common problem in my neighborhood sledding days...)!
 Needless to say, we all had a wonderful day in the snow. And I have promised the kids that we can make snow ice cream tomorrow, so I'll keep you all posted on how that goes (and how crazy they think I am when I tell them we are going to eat snow...)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment