Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

The Cabaña: Before

I have been vaguely mentioning my project and somewhat MIA, but I am finally ready to share the photos from my time spent renovating our guest house this summer. My family has had houses in Harbor Springs, Michigan for several generations. It seems a little random, being from Nashville, but it is a lovely, historic little town that will always be near and dear to my heart.

And, with views like this, it is just not ok to have a house looking dumpy.

The Cabaña, which is the guest house where the kids always stayed, is an original building to my family's compound in Harbor Springs. We have always loved it and said it had potential, but this summer I finally put in the time, effort, and money to make it an adorable little guest house. Here is what it looked like before my work began.


And, upon my arrival as I snapped these photos, a massive spider ran across the counter top and into the drain. I was freaked out and all I could find was a can of RAID that had surely been sitting there since 1996 to try to prevent it from coming back.

Like I said, this place had potential, but needed some serious TLC. And new decorations.


Plus, from my perspective, anything would be an improvement.


 

The floor plan is slightly confusing, but its a pretty cozy, five person house complete with two bathrooms, a small kitchen, a living area, and little table nook. It just needed some work.
 
 



Over the next few days, I will be sharing the process and the results. Stay tuned.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment