Pages

Saturday, July 5, 2014

My Favorite Holiday!

Hands down, the 4th of July is my favorite holiday. It doesn't have the stress of Christmas or the lengthy preparation of Thanksgiving, but it has the excitement and festiveness of it all! It is always warm and summery…full of friends, family, fireworks, food, lakes, parades, drinks, and everything red, white, and blue!

I typically spend my 4ths in Harbor Springs, Michigan. The small town America vibe is perfect for celebrating our country's birthday. Red, White, and Blue oozes from the parade floats as the old fashioned cars cruise by tossing candy. The lake breeze cools you off while the smell of ice cream and fudge fills you up!  The annual family cookout at the old cottage is always a good time. And, the lakefront is the perfect place to shoot fireworks, complete with boats honking and crowds "Oooh-ing and Ahhh-ing" from their blankets in the harbor.


 



 

Needless to say, I adore this holiday. Yesterday was no exception. I hope you had a lovely day celebrating America, too!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment