Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Italian adventures!

I know Italian food is delicious...I've been to Italy before. But this pizza we ate today was, hands down, the best pizza I've ever put in my mouth. It was also featured in the movie Eat, Pray, Love...hence my mom's Julia Roberts imitation.

So, I pretty much never wanted to eat again after that pizza, but we decided to go to this highly reccomended resturaunt by the water. I had already announced that I was only getting a salad, but when we got there, none of the waiters spoke a word of English. (I will give it to them...the view was outstanding!) My mom just sweetly smiled and kept saying "yes! si!" to everything the waiter said...which landed us with a pitcher of wine and a huge four-course, seafood dinner. As we ate our meal we noticed that all the other (italian speakers) in the resturaunt got menus and chose various entrees...we just got a random assortment including crawdads, squid, and octopi. The price, that we didnt see til we got our bill, was a little outrageous...but the whole dinner was a hilarious authentic experience!

We ended the day with some delicious Italian gelato...which is a always a sure bet!

Aside from eating all day, we did visit Pompei, which was amazingly historical and neat to explore. Tomorrow we head on to Capri and the Amalfi Coast! xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment