Pages

Sunday, May 25, 2014

A Hot, Wonderful Texas Weekend

The WHOLE family convened in Texas this weekend for Baby Carlyle's Wedding, which made for a joyful, festive weekend. 

When my parents and I landed in Dallas, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that In-n-Out had made its way to Texas. So, obviously, that was our first stop! Big Carlyle was stylin' on our way in...

Friday night, the rehearsal dinner was held at a neat old science museum. Drinks on the porch and plenty of toasts made of fun evening…
 

But, to my advantage, it wrapped up pretty early, leaving me time to drive into Dallas and meet up with my freshman roommate who I hadn't seen in two years! It was so fun catching up with her and a few other Dallas/Wake friends.

Saturday morning, my cousin Carlton, who was an assistant press secretary for President Bush from 2005 to 2008, led us through the brand new George W. Bush museum on SMU's campus. It was so interesting to hear inside stories and anecdotes.
 

After a night out and lots of flights, Ali, Jonny, Peter, Brielle, and I cuddled up for a nap (that was not so comfortable due to the number of people we had in that bed!).

And then…the wedding! It was hot and beautiful and extremely fun…so it deserves its very own post. Stay tuned for that one in the next few days!

Sunday morning rolled around all too soon, and we woke up and headed to a beautiful garden brunch. It was so fun to sit around and really catch up with all the cousins, aunts and uncles, and our sweet grandmother, Muir. All too soon, we were hugging goodbye and all scattering back across the country!
 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment