Pages

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Valentines Woes

I have had my fair share of rough Valentine's days…from being mortified when I received a dozen roses and a "Love is in the Air" poster in fourth grade to having my face turn purple when I stood on a chair as the chorus serenaded me with "L is for the way you look at me…" my sophomore year of high school. Needless to say, Valentine's Day is not my favorite holiday. But the festive decorations in the schools this year has restored my interest in this holiday.

 However, all those memories came rushing back to me as I sold Valentines today to the Middle Schoolers at the school I am interning at this semester (School Counselors end up doing all sorts of jobs, which I love!). Creating the cards was really fun for me, but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed selling them and assisting the kids as they drafted their love notes. 

I saw every emotion from nervous to giddy to ecstatic…and these kids were all hilarious. It was fun to be a bystander on something that seems like a huge deal to these students. And to remember when getting a rose on February 14th seemed like it was going to make or break your social life…
 

The students were precious and I loved observing their enthusiasm and engagement in this Hallmark Holiday. The notes I happened to read we're adorably sweet, so I can't wait to deliver the Val-o-grams next Thursday.
 

Happy early Valentine's Day.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment