Pages

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

My First Mardi Gras

Happy Fat Tuesday. I spent the weekend in New Orleans celebrating Mardi Gras, and it was quite the celebration! A city wide party. Millions of people clad in green, gold, and purple. Ornately decorated floats throwing beads and random toys. The country's best bands. And 75-degree weather. It was a happy, happy place to be.

For years, my best friend Emily has invited me and I have never been able to attend. This year, just two days before she casually mentioned it, and my schedule happened to be clear-able! So, we were off to New Orleans. Her grandmother lives on St. Charles Avenue and her family welcomed me with open arms and graciously included me in all of their festivities.



And we did Mardi Gras in a classy, hassle-free manner. And I loved every minute of it. I could explain all day and it would still sound absurd, so I'll save us both the time. Even these pictures do not nearly do it justice, but here is my documentation of a wonderful weekend in Nola!



 



 


 


 

And one of the most fun parts of Emily's sweet sweet family, who were all incredible hosts, were her cute little bitty cousins. Vivian turned three on Sunday, so she blew out the candles on her giant crab shaped king cake and enjoyed the massive party that the city of New Orleans threw for her!

Happy Mardi Gras!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment