Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Spectacular Saturday

After a long and emotionally-trying week, yesterday was exactly what I needed. A sunny Saturday filled with friends, fun outings, and no stress. It was an ideal spring day.

First, I slept in and woke up to the smell of Camille making blueberry waffles for the house. They were delicious, to say the least. 

After a lazy morning, Bizzell, Livvy, Camille, and myself walked to Bobbie's Dairy Dip for lunch and ice cream. Their dipped cones with sprinkles are famous for being mouth-watering delicious. It is a nice walk through our neighborhood, where we explore different streets and admire the houses as we walk and talk.

Once we returned from that little venture, Bess joined us for some front-porch sitting. My dad came by to help us fix a few things, and he brought Aunt Bea to play with us while he worked.

For a little afternoon outing, we went to 12 South and snacked on some delicious Paletas as we shopped around a bit.
 

After showers, naps, and cleaning up, Livvy, Camille, and I met Amy at M.L. Rose for dinner. We indulged ourselves with some outstanding burgers.

When dinner was over, I went to pick up Kate, my best friend from college, and we sat and caught up over some delicious Fido drinks.

As you have probably noticed, this day may not have been the healthiest day food-wise, but it was extremely refreshing and rejuvenating to be around so many wonderful, encouraging, and fun friends! 

It reminded me to count my blessings.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment