Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Throw Back Thursday

Lately I have been thinking about how much my life has changed in the past year. The trip back to Wake Forest, the blowing in of fall, and the feeling of finally feeling settled in here in nashville have brought about these thoughts.

A prime example is shown by flipping through my planner. Last October is empty, with the exception of a few major trips around the world. This October is packed to the brim, but it is all slightly less exciting commitments.

My life is very different. Not bad different, not good different. just different.

This time last year, Kate, Lisa, and I were running around Istanbul soaking in the absurdness of Turkey and preparing to usher in Kate's 23rd year of life together. 

Today, I am sitting in a hipster east nashville coffee shop killing an hour between tutoring sessions before I head back to Vanderbilt for class.

Last night, clad in a light J. Crew Cardigan, I complained to my mom about being too cold to walk to my car after dinner. Last year, upon returning to Wald-Michelbach from Turkey, we had snow and I hardly saw the ground again until April. Again, it's just different.

It is crazy to think about how much has changed in the past 365 days. I am thankful for the memories and experiences, but also thankful to be where I am.

xoxo

1 comment: