Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

When it rains, it pours...

Its been a rough few days here at The Grut. The expression, "when it rains, it pours..." has taken on both literal and figurative meaning here lately.
(dark picture to emphasize how I am feeling these days…)
Figuratively, we were all enjoying the end of summer until Rita and Livvy both completely shattered their phones, Camille and I both came down with a miserable sickness, and the downstairs flooded.

Literally, when it has rained over the past few weeks, we have noticed little puddles coming up from the tiles downstairs. When the territial downpour happened on Sunday morning, I stepped out of bed onto a completely soaked floor. My purse was wet, my blankets were wet, my entire floor was wet.

I completely understand that life could be worse, and these little setbacks are small in comparison to some. But it is frustrating. And disheartening. And annoying.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment