Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2014

The Boulevard Bolt

One of my favorite days of the year is Thanksgiving Day. And, yes, I enjoy the turkey and stuffing and pies. I enjoy taking a moment to be thankful. But I really love running The Boulevard Bolt. (And that is saying something for me, because usually I would not use the word "love" within 3 sentences of the word "run"). I love this race. I love the feeling of burning off the Thanksgiving meal before even consuming it. I love running into so many old friends. I love the family time. I love running down one of the prettiest streets in Nashville. But, most of all, I love the costumes.

It all started the year Jonny joined the family back in 2010. We had been participating in The Bolt for years, but when we finally had a British family member, we decided to make him the Mayflower and all dress up accordingly.


And the rest is history. This year, Peter (the fastest family member) was a turkey and the rest of us were silverware chasing him!

We all geared up bright and early (and I have to give a shootout to Loin, an integral family member in this event every year!)…pinning costumes and taping on silverware as we scurried out the door.


And we hurried off to The Boulevard just in time for the race.
 


 And here we are, all alive and well, after running a full 5 miles!

And don't get me wrong, we were all incredibly sore in the following days, but the fun run was worth it for sure!

I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving as well.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment