Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Better Late than Never...

Over the past two months, I have finally gotten to be good friends with two German guys that are my own age! Twenty-somthings are a rare breed here in Wald-Michelbach. But better late than never, right?! It has been so wonderful. They are, coincidentally, both named Martin (although one goes by Hippie...) and they have broadened my horizons and experiences in good ole Odenwald.

I originally met them because they are the Boy Scout leaders of one of my students. Despite the fact that they say they can only understand 80% of my english and laugh at how bad my accent is when I speak German, we became fast friends. We have spent countless evenings at BBQs with their guitars, they have introduced me to the nightlife in Heidelberg, taken me to festivals around Odenwald, showed me the quarry in Wald-Michelbach and the lake in Weinheim, and even done huge favors like picking up Eleanor and Kevin from the airport and driving me to the train station at the crack of dawn. In addition to adding a lot of fun to my life here, Martin and Martin have taught me about German culture (and improved my German too!).


I will be sad to say goodbye to them so soon, but they are about to embark on a year-long backpacking trip around Europe, so we are all off to new adventures!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment